Wednesday, December 31, 2008

At times like these I really just want to swear....

So we dropped our car off to be repaired on Dec. 18. The people were very nice and they seemed to know what was going on. They told us it would be finished on the 26th. When we called on the 26th, it wasn't finished, but instead was going to be until the 30th. Ok, I get things come up, they might be busy, might be understaffed, might have all these problems that they have to deal with; I get it. (it finally got to the point where we had to tell them, "We will be there at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday to pick up our car. Have it ready.") So we get there and we start looking at the car. They didn't fix the scratches on the mirror. (really!) There are 2 new scratches that I don't remember being there on the front fender (Really!) and there are big knicks on the moulding on the door (REALLY!!!!) At this point we wanted to talk with the manager of the body shop. I was so mad, but still trying to keep it under control. (In the great words of Mommy Dearest, "Don't f- with me boys!") So the guy, Jay (or something) says he can get it right in because it doesn't look like it will be that much to fix it. We inform him that we NEED it back by Friday because we both have work on Monday. Oh yeah no problem, it will be done, no worries. After we leave, he proceeds to call and tell us that we can come back and pick it up because he can't work on it til Tueday of next week! (that would be Jan 6th!) (REALLY???!!!) We explained that we aren't going to take the liability if something else happens so they can keep the car just get it done. By this point, I am so annoyed that they would just put us on the back burner. (oh and did I mention that they also found more damage on the front door that they didn't fix the first time! Yeah, they are real winners in my books by this time) Anyways, I think they realized that we aren't coming to get our car, they will fix it or we will totally be bugging them so it is best to just get us done quickly. Finally, to make the situation better, they decided to keep the car, offer us a rental car on Friday (they weren't going to at first because they weren't open on the weekend and it wouldn't make business sense to them to have to pay for a rental. I am glad they realized that it wouldn't be very smart at this point to treat us like crap, anymore) and get the car done as quick as possible. I am still hoping that this ends great and I will have nothing to say but great things, but I think they have a long way to go. I am seriously disappointed in our body shop and our insurance for referring us to them. (I won't drop names until I get my car finished and everything is all said and done. Hopefully all wrongs will be righted) Sorry to ramble on! :) I feel better now!

1 comment:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Dang it, sorry about your car! That's horrible!