Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ring Christmas Bells


Last night, my parents and us went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert. It was the first time we have ever gone to this event. It was amazing. The concert included Brian Stokes Mitchell, who is a broadway singer. He has a beautiful voice. There was also another guy Edward K. Herrmann (who does a lot of voice over) who told stories toward the end of the program. It was a great experience.

The one thing that got me was before the show. Church President Thomas S. Monson was in attendance and came in with his family. When he walked in the entire 21,000 people in attendance when dead silent. I am not talking about polite quietness, like at a golf game, but like not a word, not a movement, not a cough in the entire house. It seemed surreal almost. That kind of respect is not shown very often. It was very impressive.
It was fun night. I love to go to events that none of us have ever been to. Inside the conference center was gorgeous. Very impressive!

3 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

So glad you got to go! The choir is amazing! I have been in the Conference Center when the Prophet of the Church walks in and your exactly right, you can here a pin drop. Amazing!

Digger said...

I am glad you guys got to go. Wish we could have been there with you! I am especially glad you got to experience that kind of reverence that you did. I am always impressed.

Janalyn and Rob said...

I need something like that to really get me into the Christmas spirit.

P.S. Your coat is fab!