Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lessons of the day

Today I have learned many lessons after I went to get my new drivers license and my 'new' wild and crazy hairstyle.
1: When they ask you about your weight at the Department of Licenses, you should lie a little because they only time they are ever going to need that info is if you are on the run from the police and they need your size. And I don't know about you, but if they are going to be passing out my weight to the entire Puget Sound police force, I definitely don't want it to be the true size I am.
2: When you decide to be wild and crazy for a new hairstyle for your 30th birthday, make sure that you go to someone you know or that has been personally recommended to you. (Online opinions don't always tell the truth.)
3: When you go to the said online recommended beauty salon for your wild and crazy new look, make sure that the person you have the appointment with knows exactly what you are expecting. Pictures, you think would be helpful, apparently don't always convey what you are going for.
4: Always listen to the advice your best friend from high school told you: Always make sure that the beautician has cute hair. If she doesn't have cute hair, don't expect too much from them because they can't even do their own hair what hope does yours have?! (Truer words have never been spoken.)
5: If you realize that your beautician doesn't have the same vision as you after she has cut the back of your hair super short (and apparently didn't see the pictures the same as you), just relax and try to have a good time or conversation. It is like vomiting on yourself after the first loop of the roller coaster, you might as well just sit back and enjoy the ride because there is pretty much nothing worse that can happen and the damage is already done.
6: When you are in the chair getting your wild and crazy look, it is NOT a good sign when the beautician keeps saying how cute the cut is going to be. It might be acceptable if they say it once, but when it is over 5 times, you might want to start considering a sacrifice for the hairstyle Gods because chances are it will not be the cutest cut ever.

I will post pictures of my hairstyle after I have worked with it a bit more. You would think that after 30 years on this earth that I would know better than to be wild and crazy.... I am just not that kinda girl and apparently the signs all point to no.

1 comment:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

I'm sure it looks great! Can't wait to see it!