Sunday, February 6, 2011

Last Art Class

This Sunday was Soder's last art class. (he would love to take them all the time, but since the wishing fairy hasn't been around lately, this will have to do it for him for a while.) So this Sunday was Baby and my last 'exploring' weekend. (at least our last one with just us.) We started at the same art store, located below the Petsmart in U-village. We got our coffee and scone (Baby's new favorite thing ever). Since I didn't want to wait around for the stores to open at the mall like I did last weekend, we decided to take a drive. A while back (way back in the summer), Soder and I had taken a drive around and had found this yacht/sailboat club in Ballard. I decided I wanted to see the water today, so we drove around to find that same place. I eventually found it (after about 20 minutes) and decided to take a walk along the water. It was a little drizzly and cold, but it was nice to be out and walking around. I love to look at all the boat and read all the names (like The Dude, Soul Catcher, Arthur, The Raven, and Fishful Thinking) . I don't know what I would name a boat if I had one, but that thought kept me busy for most of the walk. It was a great time to just relax and walk along with my little jabbering baby. Before I knew it, it was time to leave and try to find my way back to Soder.
I know my way around Seattle (and the outskirts) pretty well and can get myself out of pretty much any problem, but Ballard is a whole nother story. I swear that the streets in Ballard move around just enough to get me completely turned around (this did happen when we visited in the summertime as well). What should have taken me only 20 minutes to get back took me almost 35. (Maybe this is the reoccurring theme of my explorations of Seattle, I get lost a lot more than I realize.) I had a great time and was only a couple minutes late picking up Soder.
Even after getting lost, I can't wait to go back and explore when it is all sunny and warm... I hope that day comes one day.

1 comment:

Digger said...

Those are great pictures of the dock with all the boats!