Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Burned around the edges....

I think it might be the time of season but I have been seriously burned out about everything. I have been struggling with my code in class, my job is a bit stagnant, and I just wish there was something exciting going on right now. (I know you will say what about Europe, but that is a month away, I need a fix now!) ;)

Anyways, I think I need to just be positive right now and be happy with what is going well... and here are a few funny things that have been going on.

I went to buy my brother in law a card and while I was in the store, I heard singing. (like hymnal singing, loud hymnal singing) It ended up being the guy that was sweeping the floors. (I swear only in Utah would someone being sweeping the floors in a grocery store at 6:00 pm singing.)

At Kohl's I was looking for a pair of tennis shoes to wear while in Europe, I tried on like 20 pairs because my husband would tell me to walk around to see if the shoes were comfortable. As I would walk around I would find other shoes to try on hence creating a long shopping trip of shoe-trying-on experiences.

My husband's friend, Matt came up with a great name for what I do when I (and apparently his wife) reads blogs. The new word is Blog-stalking. Great description of meeting new people and finding out all their business via their informative blog.

Today when I went up to O-town, I started talking with some of my Weber County co-workers and miss them because they seriously crack me up. I don't know how the conversation can contain everything from Cynthia Nixon, American Idol, Yiddish, Rusty Spoons, Mike Myers, Jimmy Fallon, my post-it note obsession, and a stinky tree in a yard. Classic. It is conversations like that that used to make me laugh so hard I would cry on a weekly basis. :)

We have started eating at the Curry shop in SLC. Every time we go there they are not rude, but definetly not "warm-fuzzies" Everytime we leave, we say that they weren't as mean as last time. Apparently, the thought of good curry will negate any customer service qualms I have. :)

On Friday after Trav's Birthday party, we (Trav, JT, some co-workers, and myself) went to my sister-in-law's boyfriend, "Gifted" perform at the Hookah Lounge in SLC. He is rapper. It was way fun and was definetly hillarious to be able to gossip with some people that know some scandal going on around the JW. It was also great to go and dance and drink the night away. Good times and I can't wait for the next performance because he rocked the venue. Way fun time. (Also remember I have photographic proof of the "Craziness" of the night!) ;)

I am sure things will get better. It just seems like it is slim-pickin's for excitement right now.

3 comments:

Janalyn and Rob said...

Sounds like a lot of excitement to me! Does that mean I am boring, or just lame? :)

Melissa Joy said...

I was going to say.... Friday night should have added a little spark to your life. I am dying to see the pics (not on here though, I am scared to see myself dancing). I am sorry you feel stagnate right now. It is a hard spot to be in. Enjoy it while it lasts because you are on the ride called life and it will speed up when you least expect it. And hey if you always need a laugh I will go dancing with you again. :)

Lawyer Mom said...

Whoa! Curry. You lost me there. I just can't abide it. The smell, the taste! Guess I'm not a real sophisticate.

You'll have fun on your trip. What a great thing to look forward to.