Thursday, May 21, 2009

Random thing of the day....

This morning at about 11:15, I heard this loud pop outside my apartment.  I was going to ignore it but I realized that maybe someone ran into my car that was parked. (thankfully nothing happened to my good ol' Malibu.)  Instead, as I walked to the stoop, there was a scooter on the sidewalk. There were two 17 or 18 year olds kinda arguing about if the brake had been applied before they apparently hit into a the tree in our front yard.  They were a little banged up and bruised but otherwise alright.  (a little road rash from a tree never killed anyone, right?)  So I did my good deed for the day and asked if everyone was alright, and if they needed me to call anyone. They said no, but later when I was taking Kimi out to do her business, the boy came up and asked if he could get some tylenol.  I gave him some and asked again if he was alright. All his reply was, "I would have been if I didn't let her drive." :) 
An overall weird experience, but at least everyone was alright except for the poor little scooter which had a broken front fender and headlight. 

3 comments:

♥ Braja said...

I'm having visions of lectures about anti-women-drivers, but ...
:)

Janalyn and Rob said...

Poor tree!

Melissa Joy said...

Oh no... That is funny (and a tad sad). :)