Saturday, July 31, 2010

The things that have changed

There are a few things that they never tell you about becoming a mother.Like after you have the baby, you feel a little like a kangaroo. You seem to have a pouch, but there is no baby kangaroo that is going to pop out of it. (at least I don't think so)I have also realized that I am not immuned to those black circles under my eyes, I just never had a reason to develop them before I had Liam.It is also like I had a weigh redistribution of every fat cell in my body. Where I used to have a little extra cushion I don't have a problem with anymore but there are other spots where all my fat cells have congregated at like it is some sort of summer festival.Also my beauty habits have changed. (not that I have ever been one for beauty anyways.) Using a hair dryer is a special event. (air drying hair overnight is the look that I sport) I haven't even thought about pulling out my straight iron.Also if the motherhood thing doesn't pan out, I could always join the circus. I have learned an uncanny ability to juggle all sorts of things at once. I feel like the word multitasking doesn't even cover it. I can use my breast pump, feed the baby a bottle, check my emails and facebook all at the same time.
Pretty soon you won't even recognize me with all my new look and talents. Either that or I will officially be considered a circus freak!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Welcome to motherhood! It's great, isn't it?

Lawyer Mom said...

Early motherhood is amazing, isn't it. It's like we grow eight arms.