Thursday, July 8, 2010

Why do they do those nice things?

I am not going to lie, I have not been the nicest to my husband since the baby came. I have had my moments where I am sweet to him, but I have the feeling if you asked him about my personality he might have to think about when I was nice last. (I get some sort of points for at least being honest about my attitude, right?!)So how do you think I felt when he was nice enough to get a free $100 dollar gift certificate from his work and he chose to get if to a cooking store for me instead of someplace he could use it? His work cashed in all their reward points for the company credit cards the sales reps use and they decided to get a bunch of $100 gift cards to various places and give them to the employees. (seriously, this company really cares about their employees... and we are happy with that.)
With it, I got to go to Williams-Sonoma (which in no way supports this blog, but I would definitely not object if they wanted to!) I got a bundt pan, a cookie sheet liner, a silicon spoon and some muffin liners. If you are a baker, these things are very exciting. I never would have thought that I would be so happy to buy a bundt pan, but it made my day!My husband is so kind and thoughtful, I definitely need to not bite his head off whenever he screws up. (which with all my hormones raging, seems to be quite often lately.) So sorry honey, for all the snarky remarks, and I appreciate the card. You are the best and I will remember that every time I bake a bundt!

No comments: