Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Finally out of the the void



Last week has been a blur. Yes, I did fall off the face of the Earth, apparently. I have been so busy with work, and coming home from vacation, and getting everything ready for Christmas. I have been feeling like I am playing catch up. I still feel that way. I finally put my foot down and said that I was going to blog today if it killed me. My son is sitting on the floor next to me playing with every toy I can muster up just to keep him happy. This is a top priority today.
Christmas has been in full gear at our home.
The tree is up (sadly an artificial tree instead of a wonderful fresh cut tree, but with two dogs I fear the mess from the fallen needles would be a bigger tragedy.) Most of the presents are purchased. (I think there is only one or two small things that still need to be bought. Yeah, me!) And now it is just having fun in the holiday season. I have been looking for fun stuff to keep our weekends busy, and now it is just getting to do them. Hopefully, a visit to some Christmas lights, the personal favorite of mine the Nutcracker ballet, and a sit on Santa's lap. It makes me tired just thinking of all that we are hoping to do..... (I had to throw that picture in, he looks so angelic and sweet asleep like that... not like the teething, screeching monster he has transformed into on more occasions than I would like to admit.)

No comments: