Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Day

I know some of these blogs are a little out of order, but when you might have 20 minutes or you might have an hour to post, you take what you can get. Santa was very good to Baby this year. He got a lot of presents and I have the feeling this year the givers of the presents were more excited than the recipient. (I know that will change next year.) He was very happy to have so many new things to taste and eat. I had never realized that parents get a totally different experience than the kids. The kids get to open and play with all the new toys, but the parents spend most of their time prying the new toys out of the ridiculously difficult packaging. Who comes up with the way they package toys? I don't really think the toy truck needs 10 twist ties on it, but hey what do I know. Then after you have pried all the buggers out of their respective packages, then the clean up begins. I swear I am still finding bits of cardboard lying around. Amazing. It was a great time for all and we received some wonderful gifts.Even Thing 2 was excited...or maybe he just wanted me to leave him alone with the entire box of dog biscuits. But I can see why it only comes around once a year, it took us two days to recover and we are definitely broke now! Ahhh, the holidays are almost finished and on to the gloomiest part of the year, January. Sorry January, you just can't compete with December.

3 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

I agree I HATE the packaging!!!

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

I agree I HATE the packaging!!!

Lawyer Mom said...

Those twisty ties are a b#tch! We own eight pairs of scissors. Before you know it, you'll have zillions of tiny batteries in your junk drawer, some dead, some indeterminate. And millions of tiny Legos will be underfoot.