Friday, December 10, 2010

The dreaded Work party

The first weekend of December, we had to go to Soder's work party. We were both pretty happy because it was going to be a free meal in a nice convention center. In Utah, the 'cocktail' hours never consisted of actual cocktails and there were never any appetizers. At this party it was clear we weren't in Utah any longer. Cocktail hour consisted of a completely free bar (yeah!) and many, many appetizers to munch on. (Soder was especially happy about this). I was surprised at how many people were there and it was great to visit with a bunch of Soder's friends. He has a group of guys who go and play Halo every day at lunchtime. (one of the guys lives like 5 minutes away from work so it is super convenient.) It was nice to see his Halo Buddies and meet their wives. I had heard so much about their lives it was great to put faces with stories. The food was good, but the entertainment was where it dragged a bit. (I love the company he works for as much as the next guy, but I don't need to hear about it's history or the employees who have been working there for 10 year.) After all the boring stuff was out of the way, there was a dj and dancing. I felt a little goofy out there on the dance floor and I am sure we looked like fish out of water, but it was fun. I actually didn't let the fact that I was dancing like a dork in front of Soder's work party bother me, in fact I used it to my advantage by convincing myself that I wouldn't see these people ever again so I should just relax and have fun. It was a great time and really nice to have an 'adult' date night.

2 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

That has got to be the best Santa and baby picture ever!

Lawyer Mom said...

Oh, but mightn't you see them next year? (I HATE holiday work parties!)

That Santa snap is too funny. But you can't blame the poor baby -- that beard looks like it might be a tad smelly.