Sunday, May 2, 2010

The waiting game....

At 39 weeks, I sit and wait 'patiently' for our new family member. I have stopped working at my job. I was going to tough it out, but realized one morning last week when I was going pee before work and was completely out of breath that it was time to throw in the towel and take some time to relax.
I am still happy to be pregnant, but for some reason whenever I lose sight of that I wish for the pain of labor to start. Um, a bit masochistic, I think, but that is where my mind goes to. I am also in an imaginary race with a facebook friend (my husband keeps reminding me that facebook friends don't count. Um, right, honey whatever!) that was due 2 days after my due date, but is going to be started next Friday, a full day before my due date. In my mind that isn't the way it goes, I have the next number in line, I should be next. (maybe it is the hormones talking or my relentless need to win everything, but seriously, I should be next!)
So this next week, I will sit and play the crazy mind games with myself to keep me busy. Good times.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Good luck! It will be here before you know it. The last month is so hard. It's crazy, I always wish for labor to start too. Except for this time. Having my baby a month early was so nice. I can't wait to see pics of your baby!

Janalyn and Rob said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll pop first.

Lawyer Mom said...

Hang in there, girl!

And please forgive me if this is redundant but . . . you've GOT to get "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer." It totally saved me.