Friday, May 7, 2010

Things to enjoy about being 9 months pregnant....

A few days ago, I had one of the million Dr. appointments that you have while being pregnant. The dr, who I truly like, had nothing positive to say about my progression towards actually having a baby outside my womb. Now before all you mothers jump on the bandwagon of it will happen soon and will happen fast, I mean he pretty much said NOTHING is happening. I was just as close to giving birth now as I was over a month ago. The baby hasn't dropped, in fact he is still floating and nothing is showing any signs of moving in that direction. Great... but I held it together as I heard that news. I did however, express my displeasure when I called my husband as soon as the dr. appointment was over. (to say that I was a little hormonal might be an understatement, This is why I can blog about it now some 36 hours later, where as before there is no way I could have coherently explained the situation.) Every week I have happily gone to my appointments thinking this is the one when the dr. will say, 'head over to the hospital, it is time'. I think this one was the breaking point to hear that not only would it probably not happen before my due date (I am a very punctual person), but we would be lucky to have it happen naturally if it continues on like this. (boo, c-section, this isn't what I was 'planning' I was going to bounce back and be back to 'normal' quickly for all our visitors this summer.) I know these are ramblings of a crazy pregnant woman. So after much contemplation, I have decided to compile a short list of things I am happy about being 40 weeks pregnant.
1: I get to eat whatever I want.
2: I don't have to work until after the baby is born (which is good and bad because I hope I don't go too stir crazy.)
3: I can take as many naps as I want and nobody says anything. (sleeping all night comfortable is anther story, but the daytime naps help make up for it)
4: Since I have quit work, (last Friday) my feet have not been as swollen.
5: While I haven't played the 'pregnancy card' very often (ok, maybe a few times on Travis and only one time to a stranger so that we could get a better parking spot), I am happy that it is obviously one I can play.
6: Feeling the baby move is the best... it is especially great to use as a way to ward of teen pregnancy in my 15 year old neice. (relating pregnancy to an alien bursting out of your abdomen doesn't hurt either.)
7:This doesn't really apply to the actual pregnancy but more like the timing, but now we get to see Iron Man 2 opening weekend. My husband will be so pleased.
8:It has been our dream to start a family and I am glad (and thankful) that I am near the finish line.

3 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

I'm so sorry that little guy hasn't got here yet!!! The end is always the worst!! Hang in there, go eat some ice-cream :) that always cheers me up! I can't wait to see the little man!

Mandy said...

Way to be positive! I think you definitely should use the pregnancy card more often. Pretty soon you won't be able to use it at all.

Lawyer Mom said...

This may be of little consolation . . . but I had a C and the drugs were GREAT! Seriously, I had a C and it was actually okay. Plus, you get an excuse to be waited on, hand and foot, while you recover. Casseroles, foot massages . . . it's not bad.