Saturday, May 15, 2010

Happy Anniversary!


It was a semi-short 6 years ago that Travis and I became man and wife. We got married on a warm Las Vegas evening at the Chapel by the Bay at Mandalay Bay. I know not many people would want a Vegas wedding, but after looking for a venue in Utah we decided it was better to have a destination wedding away from home. For us it was great because it was all decided and taken care of by filling out a few sheets of paper and then showing up for the day. Perfect. It was a short sweet and to the point ceremony.

Some of the event highlights included (besides the actual vows) :
I was walked down the aisle by both my mom and dad and before the doors opened and we were suppose to walk out, we started joking that if one of us falls we are all going to fall because we had linked arms. The thought of that made us all giggle and later on Travis told me that everybody in the room heard us all bust out laughing.
The Preacher (I don't know if that was what he was because our service was non-denominational, but for the sake of argument we will call him such.) mentioning that it was May 16, 2004 Las Begas, Nevada (he had a bit of an accent) like 4 or 5 times in the short 15 minute ceremony.
I put the ring on Travis' incorrect hand and started to giggle (again) and lucky for me it is forever captured on our wedding video (embarrassing).
The one thing that I have always remembered about the ceremony was that the Preacher said that people (including family) will try to make us take sides, but that we need to remember that we are married and are a team. And that we need to stick together. (and it has been very true).
Before the ceremony, I had to walk through the Luxor and Mandalay Bay to get to the chapel in my wedding dress and strangers were telling me good luck and wishing me well. It was a very odd feeling to have that attention on me (and my maid of honor who was also all dressed up too.)
After the ceremony, more people were telling us congrats as we walked to the tram that connects the Luxor and Mandalay Bay. This time it wasn't so bad because we were laughing and happy and all in love (ewww!)
(Disclaimer: This is where I actually get a little mushy, which doesn't happen very often, so be warned) After all the years filled with laughter, tears, and memories, I wouldn't change it for the world. We have had the best ups and lowest downs, but I can't imagine anyone else but Travis to be there with me through it all. I look forward to all that this next year (and many others) will hold. Love ya, Travis... lots and lots.

2 comments:

Janalyn and Rob said...

I can't believe it's already been six years! It was a lovely wedding!

Melissa Joy said...

You guys are too freakin' cute! Happy Anniversary!