Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Thanks to all my wonderful friends and family who have sent me birthday greetings!  You guys are all the best and I hope you know how important you are in my lives. :)  I know I am sarcastic and make a lot of jokes, but on a serious note (which don't happen all the time) I really am blessed to have you all in my life. 
My day was pretty mellow (which seems to happen the older you get, I think.) I went to school till noon then Trav picked me up and we went to lunch. We ate at this trendy burger joint, Acme Burger in SLC. It was pretty good. The fries were thin little shoestring-cut and they were the best. I would go back just for that. :) After lunch we went shopping. I didn't get anything, but that was ok because it was fun anyways. I love looking at clothes. I can't wait until Travis makes it big so I can just go shopping everyday! :) (right, honey? ;) Right!) 
It was a really quiet day, which is fine by me because I don't need a big tadoo.  I enjoy celebrating all my families birthdays. If I can make sure they have a good day, with their favorite meal and a cake or brownies or whatever, than I have done my job.  I have a hard time getting excited about mine anymore. It just kinda started being like that about 7 or 8 years ago. To me it just became another day (but with the bonus of presents and my choice for dinner) I actually get kinda down around the date because it makes me think of all that has happened in my life. (don't feel bad for me though, because without all my trials and adventures I wouldn't be the person I am today)  I am really thankful for all that I have now and am excited for what is to come!  :) Thanks again for all the well wishes and sorry I kinda rambled on a bit. I guess you get that way when you get older! 

1 comment:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

You look great even though you are getting old! :0)