Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tulips, tulips everywhere!

I love spring flowers. The queen and king of them would have to be tulips and daffodils. I have planted more bulbs in my short 30 years than most people have. (My parents bought like 60 bulbs one year and I planted them one fall all in their front yard.) Needless to say, they are my favorite. Luckily, I live in a state that has a Tulip Festival every year. This year we were able to go and see the beauty of the area and it didn't disappoint. (Last year we couldn't go because it was too far from the hospital and I was too prego to enjoy it.) I loved the fields of daffodils. There were beautiful gardens there and also a breath-taking field of pink tulips. There was also a cute little boy that was with us that enjoyed all the activities (including tromping through muddy paths to get to the beautiful fields and riding the most of the time in the front carrier.) And of course there was the family portrait taken in front of the windmill (with the slight chance it could end up as our Christmas card come winter.) We had a great time and enjoyed the entire place. Next time we need to bring our galoshes and try to come on a less rainy weekend. (if that actually exists in the Pacific Northwest.)

1 comment:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous! Tulips are my favorite too. Far better than roses for sure!