Monday, April 4, 2011

Long over due post

This last week has been the most exhausting week of my life (long 8+ hours at the hospital, with one 11 month old and only one parent, TIRING!). It has been filled with drama, family time, and hospital rooms. My mother is still in the hospital, however she was moved out of the ICU last Friday. (thank heavens!) She has been working super hard on physical therapy and has had only a few minor setbacks (not eating enough, and a possible blood clot (that wasn't). Who knew that having your guts mushed around in your belly would make it hard to walk again? (or eat again, or have a clear head again....) I am so proud of her and how far she has come. She is coherent and able to carry on a normal conversation with you now (those drugs took a long time to work out of her system and she was gorked for much of the week.). I am very thankful that I was able to talk with her before I left to the airport today. (also another phone call tonight to her, as well, that made me realize that I need her because she is my go to person.) And while I was down in the 'Tah, I missed my home in the Northwest so much, but now that I am here all I can think about is my mother again. This time my thoughts are selfish ones like, when will she call me to chat again and when will she feel like her old self and we can talk about the unimportant things like celebrity gossip. Thankfully, my thoughts aren't like the ones last week when they were when will she be off the breathing tube or when will dialysis end. I am glad my mother's health is on the up and up and hopefully she keeps moving in a positive direction. Keep up the hard work and I will come down to visit again soon!

3 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

I was just thinking Molly hasn't posted for a while! So glad you posted and gave us an update! I am glad to hear she is on the up and up!! She is strong!

Mandy said...

I'm so glad she's doing better! I don't think you're selfish for having those thoughts. You just want things back to the way they were. There's nothing wrong with that. I think things like this help us to put our lives into perspective and realize what's really important.

Traci said...

We are so happy your mom is doing so much better and continue to pray fro her strength!