Monday, June 21, 2010

Things that go bump in the night

The thing that goes bump would be me. Two nights ago, around 2:00 a.m. I was grabbing my nursing pillow to feed Liam. I apparently didn't remember that I had placed a 568 parenting book on it before I went to bed (I must have been wanting to read up on good parenting skills before bed, but at two in the morning my parenting skills were nonexistent.) It fell and landed right on my second toe. (note: the beautiful scratch and slight bruising across my two toes) (I did say a choice swear word, but I will leave that part out because this is a family blog.)
The fun did not stop there. Last night, again as I was nursing, I noticed one of my dog's started retching. There is no worse noise than a dog about to throw up. It seems like the noise goes on forever, then ends in a horrible mess. Ewwww! As I jumped up to lead my dog to the bathroom, where there is no carpet (easier clean up.), I caught my toe (between my second toe and third toe) on my baby's bouncer chair. So in the middle of the night, I am in pain and my dog is throwing up, my baby is on the bed wondering where the feed bag went, and I am trying to hold it all together. This time, I at least refrained from ending the whole fiasco with my new favorite swear word.
So my poor pedicured toes look a little haggard with my bruised and battered toes... and I thought childbirth was bad. Someone should have warned me about the war-wounds that motherhood entails.

1 comment:

Lawyer Mom said...

Girl! The ONLY book you need is Secrets of the Baby Whisperer. It weighs nothing and it's got everything!!

; )