Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ups and Downs

A happier time in Edinburgh

This week was suppose to be a super happy one. But things change. It was suppose to be the one where my mom and dad were to come up to visit and help my sister out by watching her two children. (My sister is headed to watch a tennis tournament in sunny Palms Springs, CA where it is 85 and hot.) My mother hasn't been feeling the best for the past little while and about a month ago decided to go to the doctor to find out what is wrong. At first they thought maybe a gallbladder attack. After an ultrasound, they ruled that out, but saw something on her liver. After a cat scan, they ruled out any problems with her liver, but they saw that her abdomin is filled with a liquid. So now she has to go today and get the liquid tested and have an ultrasound again because this time they think it could be something wrong with her kidneys (scary) or ovarian cancer (scarier). I am under the firm belief that it isn't freak out time until we know what we are dealing with (other family members choose to freak out at everything, and that is their choice) So on Friday, after they make you wait for the results a few days to get your paranoia level to just about crazy level, she will find out. All this changed all plans on the calendar. Since they wanted to find out what was going on and do more tests, they won't be visiting the Northwest for the near future which is sad for me because I hate to think of anything wrong with one of my favorite people in the whole wide world. So now we wait until they either find out and treat whatever is her ailment or I buck up the courage to drive the 800+ trek with a 10 month old Baby and two dogs all by myself. And so until Friday we just wait or I can scare myself even more by picturing myself in a rest stop somewhere in Oregon in our Malibu stuffed to the brim with dogs and baby. I don't know which is worse.... seriously, Mom, please don't have anything bad wrong. I don't want to even imagine it.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

That's so scary. I hope everything is okay. Good luck! I'll be praying for you.

Traci said...

We are praying and thinking of you and your mom. We hope you get good news today. Love you!