Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Sh** just got real!


It is ironic that the first thing that popped into my head after "assemblying" the nursery was a quote from an r-rated movie, Bad Boys II, "the sh** just got real". That pretty much sums it up for me in a nutshell. Wow, this is really happening. Wow, I am so not ready for this. Wow, why did this take so long to happen. As you can tell I have very mixed emotions about being a mom.

I think the best relief to my anxieties is to listen as Travis looks at all the new stuff set up in the nursery and it makes it alright. While I have helped with numerous nephews and a niece, it is all new to him. It makes it even more exciting! Ok, freak out averted! All is well! Baby due in t-minus 6 weeks.

5 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Seriously only six weeks left? The bedding for the little one is super cute! You guys are going to be the greatest parents, what a lucky little man! Make sure to get some dates in with your hubs before the baby arrives!

Janalyn and Rob said...

That is so funny...I just left a comment(sarcastic, of course!) on your FB pic and was thinking I can't believe it's actually happening.

Mandy said...

Molly, you'll be a great mom! It's okay to freak out. Even when I have other kids I still freak out a little before I have a baby. But then when I look at my precious baby it all goes away and my natural "mother instincts" kick in. Good luck with everything. I'm so excited for you!

MMellor said...

The Shiz did just get real! You guys are going to be great parents! And Bad Boys II is a great movie and should be quoted often.

Melissa said...

6 weeks!? Wow! Love the nursery, those cute little woodland creatures are adorable! i love the owl!I remember having mixed emotions, you never feel ready until it is upon you1 You will make a great Mom!!!