Friday, November 13, 2009

Wow, right around the corner.

This last week I have realized that Christmas is quickly approaching. I start to think about all the things I have to get for the holiday season. Then I start to think about all the stuff I will need in a few months after that. Then there is also the idea in my head that I want to move before the baby is born to a new apartment/townhouse. So my little holiday happiness quickly turns into figures and numbers. I can wake up in the middle of the night and just think about all that I need to pay for. We are comfortable financially, so I am not soliciting any donations. I am just a worrier. As soon as I pick apart my to do list I feel better. So if I get worried again, just remind me that Christmas first then all the other stuff later. :) I will be fine... lets blame the craziness on the hormones.

4 comments:

Lawyer Mom said...

Your post reminded me (why, I have no idea) of the day I realized my due date was right around the corner. I'd spent so much time reading the books that show you exactly what the baby looks like, day by day, that I'd forgotten to read anything about what to do when he got here.

Can I respectfully recommend two books to you? In my opinion, they are the only two you will need, period. Forget that lame, pious, "What to Expect"!

Secrets of the Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg was indispensable, a definite could-not-have-done-without-er.

How to Raise a Brighter Child by Sue Beck.

Again, congrats!!

Sodermoto said...

Thanks for the suggested reading. I will have to get them. :)

Melissa Joy said...

One day at a time and remember to just breathe... :) Easier said then done, I am a worrier too. :)

♥ Braja said...

Oh nooooo....you said the "C" word.....:))