Monday, September 7, 2009

Home sweet home

Yesterday, after a long drive, we made it to Sammamish. The ride was fun here.... a couple of movies, a couple of podcasts, and a short 12 hours later we were here. Since today is a holiday, I feel like we are stagnant. Most corporate places would be closed so, I guess we have a day to relax before we have to hit the job hunting hard. We are staying at my sisters house (thanks Amy), but would really like to be on our own in our own place. (but again we are waiting to find a job so we can get the apartment, so we can move..... and it goes on.) :) Fun for us.
This morning I went on a walk with Amy and her friends. They were so nice, but I have never been a part of surban housewife's life. (I have always worked and don't have girlfriends to go walking with.) I was amazed at all the drama that goes on with all their kids, their other friends and their unemployed lives. I even got to borrow one of their dogs to walk with. It was very entertaining. Thanks for including me!
My interviews are tomorrow, so I will keep you posted. (one at a paper company, one at a cupcake bakery.) Hopefully, my unemployment will only last for a week and we will be on with our plans. :)

4 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Goodluck with the interviewing!!! I am sure you'll do great.

Mandy said...

Good luck! It sounds like you guys are in for an adventure!

Melissa Joy said...

Good luck with the interviews. I can't wait to hear the updates! Be happy you are not here! Our favorite MTI is on a roll... Missing you!!!

Lawyer Mom said...

You'll be terrific. I'm sending you good vibes.