Friday, February 27, 2009

Reason 2466 for wanting a house....

I know lately I have been on this kick about how much I dislike my apartment complex. It isn't that I hate living here, it is just always difficult to live in an apartment because of the diverse group of people. On Tuesday afternoon, some new neighbors moved upstairs. So that night we put up with all the noise new neighbors bring with them and thought it was going to be great when the noise died down around 9:00. All was fine and dandy, until at 4:00 in the morning we were woken up by some loud obnoxious music coming from the upstairs. Travis (who is usually mild mannered) got up and was seriously so mad he went up to their door to tell them to knock it off. No one answered and about 10 minutes later we heard people upstairs and then the music stopped. I really don't like to be disturbed when I sleep so after that night they were getting on my bad side. On Wednesday night when I was again woken up by the loud noise of their music, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I jumped out of bed went to the hall closet where we have a hockey stick (I don't know why we have one, but we do) took the flat end and started banging on the ceiling. My method apparently works very well because the music immediately shut off and we have not heard anything from them at night anymore. So to all you apartment dwellers, a hockey stick works well to bang on the ceiling for noisy neighbors and it doesn't hurt the ceiling so you will get your deposit back!

2 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

I am going to find a hockey stick!

Janalyn and Rob said...

We have been really lucky and never had any really loud neighbors. Maybe that means WE are the loud ones?? :)